In the event of a strike by the full time faculty of Lakeland Community College, the Ohio Part Time Faculty Association urges part time faculty in the area who may be called upon to teach as replacements to refrain from doing so and honor the full time faculty strike. Adjuncts can be instrumental in achieving a victory. Our legitimate needs and concerns as part time adjuncts will be significantly undercut if the Lakeland administration can, by dividing us, defeat the full time faculty. All faculty will gain strength through solidarity!
The first meeting of the Columbus chapter of the Ohio Part-Time Faculty Association will be held Sunday June 29 at 1:00 pm at Panera Bread 875 Bethel Rd, Columbus, OH 43214. Open to all adjunct faculty members in the Columbus area. We look forward to meeting you! Contact email@example.com with questions.
If you are without a class during summer term, apply for unemployment compensation online at the ODJFS website.
Help with your unemployment compensation claim
- Letter and attachments from Sarah Hall Phillips, Deputy Director of the Ohio Office of Unemployment Compensation, in response to State Sen. Nina Turner’s letter questioning ODJFS’s inconsistencies in approving/denying unemployment compensation claims filed by adjunct faculty. Read this carefully. It includes text you may want to include in your claim and/or appeal.
- SEIU’s May 21, 2014, Unemployment Insurance Webinar summary, with a link to the PowerPoint.
- State Sen. Turner contacts ODJFS about unemployment compensation concerns
- For additional help with your unemployment compensation claim, visit our Campuses page, which has links to college and university pages on our site that include useful documents obtained through public records requests.
- UA adjunct wins unemployment appeal
- The Steve Street National Unemployment Compensation Initiative
- OPTFA Webinar page
- Help with your unemployment compensation claim
The Tri-C Adjunct Faculty Association will meet Friday, April 25, at 2:30 p.m. at the Independence Public Library, 6361 Selig Dr. in Independence 44
A map with directions is on the library website. Nick Gurich, organizing director for SEIU 1199 will be our guest speaker.
If you didn’t hear the broadcast discussing adjunct faculty issues on NPR’s Diane Rehm Show on April 16, which featured our member Maria Maisto, president of New Faculty Majority, a podcast is available on the DR Show website. Maria did a great job!
Momentum is growing for the Lakeland Adjunct Group. So far, 58 adjuncts have shown their support for creating a more empowered adjunct community at Lakeland Community College.
If you are an adjunct at Lakeland, join the group this Saturday, March 29, at 1 p.m. at the Mentor Panera right down the road from LCC, at 7537 Mentor Ave.
On the agenda: continued outreach efforts and social events, the formation of a formal executive committee, and most importantly, a strategy to voice our concerns and goals to the Lakeland administration.
RSVPs are always appreciated. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org