To share information about your campus’s advocacy for part-time faculty, send an email to email@example.com.
- Course Cancellations with little notice or decent cancellation fee
- Parking fees charged to faculty while 20 vice presidents receive $600/month car allowances
- Delayed paychecks
These are only the latest policy travesties at Tri-C. If you care about student learning and want adjunct professors to be treated with respect, join with us as we move forward with our organizing.
To join our effort to improve adjunct working conditions at Tri-C, use the form below
Tri-C contact information
Andrew Bonthius and Keisha Davenport, Co-chairs, Tri-C OPTFA Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
News and Events:
Sept. 11 Deadline for submitting proposals for the “Adjunct Faculty Conference” on October 10. TriCcall-for-proposals
On July 10, Tri-C adjuncts went to the Tri-C Jazz Fest and distributed information and sought signatures on a petition to improve adjunct working conditions.
Adjuncts who teach music and other arts are among the lowest paid in higher education — at Tri-C, even less than the $2700 national average, according to The Adjunct Project at the Chronicle of Higher Education. Almost 80% of the faculty at Tri-C are part-time and currently have no access to collective bargaining through which to help Tri-C create contracts that support faculty and students more effectively. Support adjunct efforts to improve their working conditions — students, faculty and the whole community will benefit!
Feb 21 “Adjunct Engagement Session” and Feb 26 Town Hall Meeting at West
Tri-C PTFA members attended and raised the issue of the well-documented connection between faculty working conditions and student learning conditions with the college presidents and hundreds of colleagues.
Response to OPTFA’s June 27, 2013, Public Records Request
To be posted.
Response to OPTFA’s July 11, 2013, Public Records Request
- Annual Budgets: FY 2002-2003 through FY 2012-2013 (Received but not yet posted.)
- List of staff who have retired and been rehired during current president’s tenure
- Current contracts of top 50 highest paid administrators
- Current position descriptions of top 50 highest paid administrators
- CVs and/or resumes of current members of Board of Trustees
- Policies regarding Board of Trustees meetings
- Board of Trustees meeting packets for FY 2012-2013 (Received but not yet posted.)
- WKYC takes on Tri-C administrative costs, June 24, 2013
- Tri-C’s new formula to determine adjunct work hours stirs debate, Plain Dealer (blog), June 5, 2013
- Dr. Alex Johnson to Become Fourth President of Cuyahoga Community College, June 5, 2013
- Tri-C nursing dean retiring; college says unrelated to accreditation issues, May 29, 2013