- To share information about your campus’s advocacy for part-time faculty, send an email to email@example.com. You can also post a comment below.
Lakeland Ajunct Group (LAG) contact information
Lakeland Adjunct Group events
LAG Meeting: March 9, 2014. Time and location to come.
LAG action items
LAG has identified three major areas to explore:
- pay scale for adjuncts with an effort toward establishing a more equitable wage;
- possibility that LCC could offer an opportunity for adjuncts to buy into a group health insurance program;
- administrative policy on sick pay.
Public records provided by LCC
Response to OPTFA’s June 27, 2013, Public Records Request
- LCC Response Email
In this email, LCC states that documentation of part-time faculty who have been assigned courses for fall semester 2013, as well as contracts for those faculty, will not be available until the tenth week of fall semester 2013. The email also states that no grievances have been filed by part-time faculty from 2003 to 2013.
- Lists of of part-time faculty employed during 2012-2013 academic year, with unit, courses, credits and rate of pay by academic program:
- Report on number of unemployment compensation claims filed by part-time faculty and the number of claims disputed by LCC from 2009 to 2013
- Part-time Faculty Handbook
Budget for Part-time faculty: 2004-2014
Other LCC resources
- Lakeland Community College Director of Human Resources Catherine Bush email to part-time faculty regarding the ACA, March 19, 2013. An Excel document was attached to the original email that outlined how many hours the college estimates that adjuncts work per course.
- NPR. State Impact Ohio. Adjunct Professors Try to Cobble Together a Full Workload. June 4, 2013. Quoted in the article: Evan Chaloupka, Organizing Committee Member, OPTFA.