As we reported yesterday, OPTFA’s May Day Rally for Equity at the University of Akron was a huge success, with about 100 adjuncts, full-time faculty, staff, students and community members coming out during a three-hour period to support a living wage & health care for adjuncts at UA.
Below are links to news media coverage of the event, including today’s story in the Chronicle of Higher Education. We also include a link to UA’s story posted on its website:
- Protest at University of Akron, 19 Action News, May 1, 2013
- UA’s part-time faculty complain about cut in workload, Akron Beacon Journal, May 1, 2013
- Part-time faculty at Akron protest reduced hours, Canton Repository, May 1, 2013
- Protest for Part-Time, Buchtelite, May 2, 2013
- As Adjuncts See Their Hours Cut, Some Are Fighting Back, Chronicle of Higher Education, May 2, 2013.
- Part-time faculty rally on campus, University of Akron, May 1, 2013